Hey, we’ve all been there.
You get home after a long day and realize you haven’t planned anything for dinner.
You can’t be bothered to think of a recipe, let alone go and buy ingredients, but still need something that’s healthy, tasty, and won’t be turned down by your fussy kids.
This recipe is here to help.
My easy peasy Boursin gnocchi is, as the name suggests, super easy to make, requiring just a few ingredients, and pleases tummies of kids and adults Alike.
Oh, and it’s a great vehicle for Hidden veg – feel free to swap the Peas out for carrots, broccoli, spinach… whatever you fancy.
Here’s how to make it.
Recipe: How to make easy peasy Boursin gnocchi
- Bag of gnocchi
- 2 large tablespoons of Boursin
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup of Peas
- 2 tbsp water
- Start by cooking your Peas and gnocchi as per packet instructions, adding some olive oil to the gnocchi when cooked to stop it sticking together
- Once your Peas are cooked, add to the Blender with a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Pulse.
- Add the Boursin to the Peas and Blend into a smooth sauce.
- Put the gnocchi in an ovenproof dish and mix in the sauce, then smooth into one layer
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top and bake in a hot oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted. If you like it crispy on top, pop under the grill for a golden top.
For more tasty recipes for kids and grownups to enjoy, head to my Instagram, @squashedpickle.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.