Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Servings: 2 to 3
- 3 – 4 slices bacon, chopped small
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups dried mushroomsSoaked in hot water for about 10 minutes and drained
- 1 medium potato, cut into cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream (you could use heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the bacon and onion in a large soup pot until soft.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, until flour starts turning light brown.
- Add the paprika and marjoram. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, potato and water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and gently simmer for about 1 hour. (You can add more water if needed)
- Stir in the parsley, vinegar and sour cream. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Need help Converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and Affiliated sites.